• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    @Miky060,
    Quote:

I disagree about possibility to port MOS to the x1000. It would require time and resources that the MOS Team could better spend to work on MOS release for the PowerMac G5 instead.
    MOS Team is not an enormous team, we all know this, so every hardware added to the MorphOS compatibility list take them about a couple of years (we're still waiting for Powerbook support..) so it would be very frustrating to see them waste a couple of years of development to support an overpriced hardware that almost nobody here would buy! It has no sense. I would prefer them to spend their development time to support hardware that we all can buy (read: PowerMac G5s..)

Who are you disagreeing with? I don't see anyone in this tread that thinks that porting MorphOS to the X1000 is a good idea or feasible. I sure don't, even though I would like to see it happen, I don't think it ever will, or that it is a good idea for the MorphOS Dev. Team, or the users. The G5 Mac's are a much better target, even if they were not faster than the X1000 it would still be a better choice, due to the price and availability of the G5's for all MorphOS users.

I hope that the Dev. Team will follow up with their support of the G5 after they are finished with all work needed on supporting the G4 PowerBook and bug fixes/feature enhancements for all currently supported G4 models. Since it seems to have been not too difficult to do the "proof of concept" for the G5's that have already been shown and demonstrated, hopefully it will be much easier and quicker to complete work to support the G5's than it would be to support some other custom PPC motherboard, or the huge amount of work that will be required to move MorphOS to a different architecture, such as ARM or x86. My dual 2.7GHz G5 PowerMac is waiting and ready for MorphOS3.5, or 4.0, if/when it is done.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »03.02.12 - 00:27