• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    This is just a waste of time, so this is my last reply to this thread.

The claim that these chips are "Relabled" Motorola, or Freescale parts of a slower speed is nothing but speculation. No proof has been provided that Motorola never granted a license to any company in China, or any other country to reproduce their 680x0 designs and label them using the Motorola trademark. Another possibility is that some Chinese company created these without a valid license, but that would require stealing the designs, or reverse engineering them. I understand that the burden of proof is on me IF I WERE TRYING TO PROVE THAT THERE WERE A LICENSE, but I am not. All I have stated is that there is an element of doubt regarding the claims that these chips are illegal clones, or rebranded slower chips. PERIOD. I never stated that these were Freescale parts Jim, so you are in error telling me that I am mistaken, or wrong about these chips. I have never stated what they are, only that there is no proof one way or the other about what they are (other than that they are not Freescale parts and most likely not genuine Motorola parts). If you claims had stopped there and not gone into the realm of claiming that they are, or probably are, rebadged slower Motorola, or Freescale parts, I would not have had any disagreement with you.

That there is doubt and alternative possibilities, is/was the only intent I had in making any of the statements I have made in this thread. Since it is mostly impossible to prove a negative, regarding the existence or lack of a license to produce these chips, I don't see this argument ever being resolved and won't waste any more of my time and this site's bandwidth on this stupid argument.

[ Edited by amigadave 04.06.2011 - 11:06 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »04.06.11 - 19:03