• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

I am certain, after researching it, that these are re-labeled chips.
    Freescale has complete control over Motorola Semiconductor IP and would e aware of any licensing scheme. And their reps have made an absolute statement regarding the part number.
    Further, there are no technical documents covering this invalid part number.

The only speculation posted was the possible original part numbers for these processors (MC68EC060FE75), but its a logical conclusion considering the packaging of the "MC68060FE133".

I did not mean to offend you Jim, but given your previous track record of making statements and later retracting some of them and the lack of knowing who this Freescale representative is, I stil stand by everything I wrote in my last message in this thread.

There is a very real possibility that there is/was a license to a Chinese company that would not show up in any (part number) database (which is very likely the only kind of database the Freescale Rep. looked at), and with that license, the Chinese company could have produced 680x0 products (and labled them anything they wanted, but thought made sense) that were also never put into any Motorola, or Freescale (part number) databases. All that would be required in such a license, would be the legal use of the Motorola name on the Chinese chips, and the 680x0 designs.

My speculation is no less valid than yours or the Wolfman's, but evidently he does not like being called on his, due to his anal tendencies (which does not surprise me at all). I don't really care enough about this topic one way or the other, but thought a shred of doubt should be put back into the topic of what these chips really are, as no one has proof yet.

[ Edited by amigadave 03.06.2011 - 17:03 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »04.06.11 - 00:54