• Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    >If I understand minator right, he says it's a board primarily targeted at software developers, not so much at hardware developers.

In this case, I'm not sure he's right.
    The company wants to sell CPU modules.
    While the board is (typical of a development board) poorly laid out, and is primarily a software development platform, hardware developers are likely to purchase these to speed dvelopment.
    For example, if I wanted to build a device that used the CPU module, I'd probably purchase a few of the board level products to evaluate areas where the form factor could be improved.
    In the case of the DroidX, a mini-itx layout would be preferable as it would also standardized cases to be used.

And what Freescale calls evalution boards or development boards is completely confusing as their evaluation boards frequently contain the debuging features of a development board.
    And the pricing is inconsistant.

The nice thing about ARM development boards is that prices are kept low to encourage independant developers to purchase and support the hardware.

On the other hand, PPC vendors tend to try to recover the development costs of their boards rather then just the production costs.
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »14.10.12 - 20:32