• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    minator
    Quote:

ASiegel wrote:
    Are there going to be exceptions depending on where you live? Obviously, but then again the cited 9 USD is not going to be matched everywhere either due to varying VAT rates, customs tariffs, shipping fees, and so on.

Put more succinctly, access to extremely low-cost hardware is hardly an argument in favor of moving to ARM. The current hardware options already feature a wide gamut of price points. It is the performance area that is a bit lacking.

I wasn't suggesting the $9 board as a porting target, more expressing surprise at what you can get for $9 these days!

Quote:

There is an open source driver for the previous generation of the Tegra (K1) at least which nVidia contributed to, but this is very much besides my point: I was not proposing to port MorphOS to this particular hardware or even ARM in general. I was merely stating that I personally find higher end hardware options more interesting as those could offer existing users a performance upgrade.

Would it surprise you that there are benchmarks showing that Nvidia board getting trounced by the iPhone 6S?

Quote:

As far as MorphZone visitors are concerned, requests for faster hardware are certainly a lot more frequent than complaints about excessively high hardware prices (not sure if any recent ones exist) ...

Wow, those G5s have really come down in price! I guess cheap hardware isn't a problem at the moment.

That said they're getting on a bit now. The next gen phones coming in now should show a clear lead over the G5s.
  • »15.11.15 - 01:06
    Profile Visit Website