• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    For me i am absolutly sure that Morphos will be ported to AMD64 arch, i don't know the target machine but it's not the problem. All powerpc software could be ported on AMD64 well...but it's just a problem for 68k apps, for me i don't use any 68k app for now...i prefer using e-uae whith jit. On AMD64 E-UAE will be dramatically faster ....just like a bullet.
    If the switch occur it could be the time to add memory protection and smp and lot of things, backward compatibility is not the way .... it will be better to recompile lot of sdl and application for the new morphos.
    I am sure that people who are saying AMD or INTEL sucks today will change their mind when they will see a new morphos without amigaos limitations but whith all the spirit of amigaos. It will be transparent for end user, just better and easier for programmers.
    It's the time to change the rules......whithout many work AMD 64 could launch Owb whith Javascript jit...Many emulators whith jit; many games which have endianess issues.....
    More devellopers we have more software we have.....
    To help for hardware support we can imagine that morphos could be hosted by an another kernel like quark on powerpc machines.
    A bit like amithlon....

[ Edited by acepeg 27.08.2015 - 21:48 ]
  • »27.08.15 - 21:37