• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    In_Correct
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    > Do you think it would be realistic to do something like MOS did with the
    > old MAC PPC´s with old iPads/iphones/android phones

At least with Apple devices this wouldn't be feasible as Apple SoCs are not documented for 3rd party OS vendors.

It would be nice to port to an ARM device that does not come automatically with Linux. Linux is everywhere and I hate that. But MorphOS developers would have to reverse engineer the "Apple" device. And perhaps they just shouldn't consider the "Apple" device.

Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    > webbdesigners are soon in need of making tappdevice design first and clickdevices
    > second this perhaps also need to be considered for future strategy for MOS not to
    > get too stuck into clickdevices with their OS ?

I don't see the connection between website design and the design of a desktop OS.

Because most website designers are stupid. They make the websites with touch screen mobile device as priority. The website renders as compatible for the touch screen mobile device, even on a desktop / laptop device. I hate touch screen device. Touch screen device loves to malfunction. And morphOS must not be reconfigured into a touch screen operating system! Certainly not like iOS, Android, or even Windows 8! Even if the mobile device has option of external keyboard and mouse / track pad they still have annoying oversized screen "buttons".

An alternative solution should be that MorphOS support the touch screen laptop. ... The one with the traditional "click" interface and keyboard with the secondary option to touch it with a pen or stylus.

Another alternative solution is to have device with touch screen but has the primary option of keyboard and track pad. Example is BlackBerry usually does this and the interface with keyboard and track pad which also displays a mouse arrow! :-)
    :-) I Support Quark Microkernel. :-D
  • »04.01.15 - 14:33
    Profile Visit Website