• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    It's good to see Trevor debunking those numbers as the unrealistic and obvious *false* claims as they were, kudos for that, hopefully this should put an end to those discussions on other sites as well! Anyway, sending an e-mail does not cost you $3,000+, it will be interesting to see how many of those ~150 people who are actually prepared to go ahead, and how many registered only to get some more info. Since the "Registering Interest" opened in March, a lot has happened. Much more info has reached the public about its actual performance, as well as the OS4 support. Pre-order now, and maybe get a delivery at the end of 2012 (or maybe not?). That is practically three years (by some definitions a whole computer generation) since the X1000 was announced, and at that time it was based at technology and performance already 3-5 years old. "The power of X" can flash LED's, and the promised SMP is nowhere to be seen. But at least the wait for that should be over soon, OS4.2 is the next version to be released, right? Based on this, is ~20% of 150 (~30 customers) a realistic expectation? Too many, too few? That could mean ~$100,000 and a *considerable* relative growth of the X1000 platform. This could perhaps be considered quite a good turnout, depending on you expectations of where the X1000 could take the OS4 platform of course. I guess we might know in just another half a year from now? And although denied, I *still* think it's "funny" that it suddenly became so *urgent* to "announce" the next batch of X1000 only a day or so (about as long as it takes to coordinate a web page update, put together a "PR" and a mailing list while having a daytime job I suppose) after MorphOS 3.0 release, when you at the same say that it might take as long as *6 months* until you can actually deliver a product! Of course it doesn't matter in practice (there is clearly a limit on what impact a $3,000 system with 2005 level performance will have), but it's "peculiar" nevertheless, and it follows the same pattern as we have seen before...
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »12.06.12 - 12:49