• Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    KimmoK
    "Average PC existing in the households today maybe,"

Yes, that's what I meant.

"but not average PC brand-new for sale today, see R700 GPU, DDR2 RAM, PCIe v1.x, SATA2, USB2."
    Nemo can hold the same GPU than latest x86, DDR2 is sometimes faster than DDR3, PCIe v1 is enouh for nemo's CPU's capabilities 2.0/3.0 could not give extra on it, most modern hard drives do not transfer more than sata2 can handle, not all new PCs have USB3 and very rarely it's supported by peripherals. So x1000 is not too obsolete on those issues. Surely the lack of driver SW for all that modern HW makes one cry. But that's the same also for latest x86 when AROS is run natively (when hosted you get more goodies, I know).

Anyway. 3000eur is too much for a weird hobby toy for most people. Also for me.

And one nasty thing... the 3D support is coming first&foremost for r700, IIRC. And r700 GPUs are disappearing from average PC shop... I hope the new GFX system will more easily support future GPUs, one day.
    ( I wonder what all we had already if there was no split in OS developing resources... )

[ Edited by KimmoK 07.06.2012 - 22:11 ]
    :-x :-P 8-)
  • »07.06.12 - 21:07