• Cocoon
    Cocoon
    cha05e90
    @takemehomegrandma

According to your own definition all Sam systems are complete vapourware:

Disappointed from OS support of board components? The FPGA wasn't supported at OS level until recently. Proper support of the single PCI slot in the Sam440ep mini? Wasn't there in the beginning.
    No continuous availabiltiy: You could (and can) actually try to buy one. But, surprise, surprise, they are often unavailable. Because ACube waits until enough orders are in to make another batch of boards (sounds familiar, doesn't it?). I (for example) waited 5 months until delivery of my Sam440ep. After this batch the Sam was again unavailable - until the next batch were produced.

So, the same "vapourware" definition is true for the Sams - at least in the minimum sense of production in batches.

In conclusion for AmigaOS we only have vapourware HW or old, discontinued HW (here: Pegasos II, Teron-AmigaOnes). For MorphOS only the latter is true.

Why not let the people happily use their vapourware and/or outdated stuff? But... - on the other hand this thread is one of the most entertaining one's I've seen here at MorphZone since months...:-D
    II/G4
  • »07.06.12 - 19:27
    Profile Visit Website