• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    @Andreas

You see the AmigaOne X1000 as a Nemo motherboard with various bundled peripherals, while I see the AmigaOne X1000 as the SMP and Xorro/Xena enabled *OS4 system* it was announced to be (and OS4 is not only the entire base for its name- and boing-ball license, it's also the sole reason to its entire existence). You think it's enough that they make 2 production batches (soon 3?) financed by pre-orders to call it "here/available", while I think there is more to it than that in order to be able to say it's on the market, like having it in stock at least at the manufacturer so that potential customers are actually able to buy the product (like all previous AmigaOnes, all Sam's, all Pegasos motherboards, all Individual Computing's products, well, practically *all* similar consumer electronics products in existence), being able to buy a product is kind of essential in this context IMHO, and by "product" I of course also mean the SMP and Xorro/Xena enabled *OS4 system* it is meant to be. You think it's ready developed since the nemo design is done, I think there are huge development challanges still to be overcome, especially bringing true SMP to OS4 without breaking the Amiga in it, heck it's still even lacking fundamental drivers for its on board controllers, so it's not ready. I'm actually looking forward to be proven wrong by "ssolie" when he will bring true SMP capabilities to OS4.2, which should not be very far off now, since this is said to be the next OS4 version (of course this has been changed before, OS4.1.3 was said to be the last one, but then they had to make this 4.1.4 quickfix release to mend what 4.1.3 broke, and now we have 4.1.5 for the A1X1K (soon to be relased to other "Amigas" as well?)); it will be very interesting to see, since it might actually involve true magic. You think it's a done deal, that the AmigaOne is ready, here, and a finished product, while I think the challenges of reaching the specs it is said to have are so overwhelming (and Hyperion's track record so underwhelming) that it's very doubtful it will *ever* reach its goal, hence "Vapor". And I think we will never agree on any of this.
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »07.06.12 - 14:54