• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    @Zylesea,

Like I said, I don't expect anyone to understand my reasons for wanting an X1000, but "first extensive tests" won't affect my decision to purchase one or not. The size of the case is a plus in my eyes and the Boing Ball on the front is very attractive to me, while I agree with you on one point, a plexiglas door with a red cathode light inside would be a negative selling point for me as well.

I expect my Dual 2.7GHz G5 PowerMac to outperform the X1000 is almost every test, and still that does not matter in making this decision.

@Andreas Wolfe,

If the OS4 Netbook is the Limebook Z9 and not some older repackaged version of the Limebook, the price Hyperion will charge for it will be more reasonable. I was thinking that it might be an older, slower, less powerful, repackaging of Limebook stock that Hyperion might have picked up cheap and was trying to make a quick buck selling to customers that they are used to charging outrageous prices for low spec computers. I really have not investigated Limebook hardware like you and VelcroSP have debated here for such a long time in the past, so you would know better than I what the Limebook hardware history is like and what Hyperion might be trying to use in their upcoming Netbooks. Also, I should have substituted my "cry of outrage" comment to "complaints of the few usual whiners in the Amiga community". Their usual complaints just sound like a cry of outrage due to their frequency and ferocity of the complaints they voice on many different forum sites.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »29.11.11 - 14:18