• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    I think that most people believe that the OS4 netbook is just a repackaged Limebook and Steve Solie made a comment to the effect that it was obvious to anyone who knew anything about the e300 what the OS4 Netbook would be. I expect once it is finally announced in a few months that there will be a great cry of outrage toward Hyperion for trying to sell these underpowered e300 based, repackaged Limebook's as OS4 Netbooks at a price between $300 to $500 for the same hardware that Limebook was offering for $100 to $200. Hyperion is probably trying to figure out a way to minimize this complaint and will delay the announcement of exactly what the OS4 Netbook is for as long as they can. They will also probably try to make them a bit different in some small way to use as a reason for why they are asking between 2 to 4 times the cost of what Limebooks were sold for.

As for Magnetic's assertion that the X1000 systems don't have any software installed and are mostly just bare OS4 installs, I would have to disagree. The X1000 system set up at the AmiWest 2010 and 2011 shows appeared to have a full complement of software installed on it. You should have made an effort to join me this year and gone to the show Thomas.

It is no surprise that OS4 users in general don't post more information about speed test results where MorphOS users can use that information to show the weakness of OS4 compared to MorphOS, as so many threads have been written to ridicule OS4 users in the past by a few MorphOS users who revel in their superiority while bashing OS4's weaknesses, or short comings. Thankfully, less of this happens now than in the past and fewer flame fests occur on most forum sites now. We can't convert OS4 users that way and it only makes MorphOS users as a whole look bad when a few MorphOS users participate in flame wars with OS4 users in forum postings. We can make much more progress toward getting new users by just showing the advantages of MorphOS without mentioning OS4 at all.

[ Edited by amigadave 29.11.2011 - 01:27 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »29.11.11 - 09:25