• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    @redrumloa,

Quote:

I saw that page. I seriously doubt that page cause 100 pre-orders for this "First Contact" just like I seriously doubt there were 100 who bought "Beta Boards". It sounds like Amigakit/A-Eon went to the Amiga Inc school of progaganda.

No propoganda, one week after that page was made available I sent an email asking to be put on the list of people wanting to buy an X1000 and the reply I received was that they had already received more people interested in buying than the number of First Contact X1000's that were going to be made.

I don't know why you think that there are less than 100 people that want to buy the X1000?

It is a unique computer that will be built in very limited quantities and will hold a place in the history of the Amiga for a very long time to come. I know all of the reasons NOT to want one. All the limitations and weaknesses of the hardware and the current state of the OS that is far behind MorphOS, but still I want one. I know it will never happen, but I would love to be able to boot MorphOS, OS4, Linux & Mac-on-Linux, on the X1000 some day.

What other computer has been built for running only AmigaOS4.x since the demise of Commodore in 1994? If I remember correctly, all of the other AmigaOne designs were boards that were already developed, and later used to port AmigaOS4.x to them. Also, since I have never owned an OS4.x system, I would like to see first hand the differences between OS4 and MorphOS. It will give me a better perspective when talking to OS4 users about MorphOS, if I know what they are using for comparison. Lastly, I really like the case design. I like it so much that I am going to try to buy a second bare case to install my A4000 Toaster/Flyer system into it.

So, call me crazy and foolish, but I have been selling parts of my large Classic Amiga collection to raise money for purchasing an X1000, if I can get into the cue of people that are allowed to purchase one of the First Contact systems. This is how I know that AmigaKit received more inquiries to purchase than they have available First Contact systems. So, unless someone drops out and I can take their place, I won't be able to get a First Contact X1000 and would have to wait and hope that a second production run will be made. I have raised the money needed for the purchase and just wait to hear back from AmigaKit to find out if I can get into the First Contact group of purchasers.

This does not mean that I will be any less of a MorphOS supporter.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »28.11.11 - 19:39