• Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    >Problem was that it took me some time to become aware of the e500mc.

I didn't look into that till you pointed it out. You'd assume that e500s would be more or less identical except for clock speed. And that assumption makes perfect sense. You actually have to go over the specs to realize its not another e500v2.

>So it's not just Applied Micro expecting its NDA partners to have a website, but Freescale as well? You once said you had an NDA with Freescale at some point in time (which somehow got lost because your contact at Freescale had vanished). Did you have a website back then? Or did Freescale's requirements change in that regard?

Yes, Freescale has adopted this policy as have a lot of other companies. Also, I get the impression that a fair number of people left the company at about the time plans for the e700 were dropped and they started to invest more in ARM technology.
    The thing that surprised me is that I had a contact in the technical support department and in sales (the MPC8640Ds were actually supplied by technical support which is a little unusual). In the time between when they sent me the MPC8640D samples and when you brought up the e5500 cored processors both individuals had left the company.

I'm not sure a website is the greatest idea since I'm still discussing using a currently unused corporate name with the wife of one of my former employers (and paying for a S corp. instead of the current LLC).
    To be honest with you, in the last few years the only reason I paid to maintain the last companies business license is so I could write off certain expenses and lower my tax burden.

Its easier to work for someone else than to continue to hustle looking for contracts yourself.

[ Edited by Jim on 2011/3/14 1:03 ]
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »14.03.11 - 01:02