• Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    >So you see, I was rather late to that party ;-)

I missed the party completely. At least you brought it up and drew everyone's attention to it.

>Actually, I became aware of the e5500 only some hours before it was officially announced in June 2010

At the time I was focused on Powermacs, as there seemed t6o be no point to continuing to explore the MPC86XX processors. Since I wasn't paying the least bit of attention to Freescale I completely missed it.

>And as you can see, not in a too favourable way back then ;-) February 2009 was when I began to see the suitability of QorIQ somewhat:

OK, before I had contact with Varisys, and the initial negative view? Understandable considering that the e500 is a significant step down from the e600.

So, whether later than some others or borrowing references from sources you found, it was all useful news to me. Right now I've got more information on this processor than I've ever had without an NDA. And since I don't feel like going to the trouble of setting up a corporate website, I'm not asking Freescale for an NDA (at least not yet).

So, yes, THANKS.

[ Edited by Jim on 2011/3/13 23:40 ]
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »13.03.11 - 23:38