• Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Thanked you so much for? Until you referenced this, I hadn't been able to get anything like it out of Freescale. I couldn't even get a count of the number of available PCIe lanes available to the controllers.
    Now, between what you've dug up and what they've recently divulged we have a better idea of how the P5 processor handle SerDes configuration and what available options there are.
    Considering the Freescale has not lifted the NDA on these products I think your contribution to this was pretty significant.
    You have a way of ferreting out useful information like this that is remarkable.

From what Freescale has told me, the evaluation board may be ready before the NDA is lifted. they've got a conference scheduled (I think for June) during which one of the topics to be covered will be porting Linux to the P5 (so my guess is that they haven't completed this yet).

Until we hear more from APM, the e5500 looks to be the most promising PPC to be recently announced. You brought this up before many were even aware of it.
    Come to think of it, both you and Varisys' staff, started pointing to the QorIQ platform at about the same time.
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »13.03.11 - 20:13