• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    @Jim,

Andreas may, or may not have intended to insult Trevor, but I think 99.9% of the people that read his post would have been insulted if it had accused them of lying, instead of Trevor, so he has every reason to be pissed off.

As for your quote:

"If Apple has ceased production then the product will only be available till supplies run out. This is not a good situation for A-eon."

I don't see how this could impact A-EON much. How many X1000 systems do you think will ever be produced and for how long will they be produced before a different design using a newer CPU would replace it? I am quite sure that there are enough PA6T CPUs already produced and stocked for A-EON to complete their limited production run(s). The one problem of using a discontinued CPU is that as the supply runs low, the price of each CPU will go up, so if there is a steady demand for this chip in military applications to the point of depleting the available supply, it could make it very expensive to obtain, or possibly impossible.

At the estimated selling price of the X1000, I don't think anyone (even A-EON & Hyperion) thinks that it will ever sell more than a few hundred boards. It is possible that A-EON already has that many PA6T's being held for them by Varisys, as they were probably required to purchase a minimum number of CPUs, just to get any of them.

[ Edited by amigadave on 2011/3/10 13:50 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »10.03.11 - 21:29