• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    jcmarcos
    Quote:

takemehomegrandma wrote:

750 EUR is only the deposit/pre-payment part

For which, if I were A-Eon, I'd try to cover as much board cost as possible. Hence the cost estimation I suggested.

Quote:

a system will cost *more* than EUR 1800

Absoulte scandal, and commercial suicide since the beginning. That'a what happens when you want to play the hardware game. No amigan company has the funds to do so. Nor any other company works this way since ages anyway.
    You buy already proven designs, with generally available parts, and TRY to make a margin out of it. Heck, even the strongest players in the videogame market make LOSSES on hardware, go figure the amount of cash they have for that. How? Easy: They have a MARKET.

For god's sake, it's such an ovbious fan ripoff.

I'm not implying you aren't aware of all this, of course. Also, Ulrich's comments about that weirdo CPU of choice are very insightful.

Each and every day I see more and more greatness in the idea of the MorphOS Team to use second hand consumer hardware. It's plainly obvious, thus brilliant. Of course, it leads to hardware debate lowering to a minimum... Which, if you think about it, it's actually good.
  • »24.06.10 - 09:46