• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > the definition of "What is an Amiga" is no longer Hyperion exclusive.

It never was. Old m68k Amigas for instance have always been and will ever be "Amiga" and Hyperion couldn't do anything about it.

> I would consider a cheap Commodore Amiga running AROS.

Over an even cheaper no-name hardware running AROS? ;-)

> I ensure you I don't "love" CommodoreUSA

I wrote "like", not "love". I think there's a difference between these concepts.

> you are using a quote from that guy in this thread as some kind of official
    > statement from the MorphOS team regarding x86 ports of MorphOS

No, I don't. I use that quote from that guy as a statement from him that a certain "Ralph S" allegedly told him something "regarding x86 ports of MorphOS".

> there is a possibility that the guy actually has made it up

Yes, of course. That's why I asked you several times if you think he made it up.

> there is a possibility that RS answered that way because he doesn't want
    > any connections with that company and/or the trade marks

Which would mean "RS" really answered that way and it was not made up.

> it could be a possibility that *there is* plans for a x86 port, but nothing
    > they want the public to know about right now.

Which would mean "RS" really answered that way and it was not made up?

> it could be just as you say, that there is no plans whatsoever for a x86 port.

You're mistaken. I never said anything like that. I merely said that there's someone who claims in public that a certain "Ralph S" guy said to him in privat "that there is no plans whatsoever for a x86 port". Please read more carefully and don't put words into my mouth.

> Let the MorphOS Team speak for themselves regarding future ports of their OS!

But as you said such could be lies because that's nothing they want the public to know about ;-)
  • »06.10.10 - 08:30