• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    jcmarcos
    Quote:

Neko wrote:

I don't see why MorphOS can't run on ARM...

Lovely it would be. But perhaps it's no easy task.

Quote:

There is a point where native development takes over. Running an m68k emulator - well, this has been laughed at by many people for being an absolutely pointless technology in this day and age. Trying to stick with PowerPC - I don't see anyone making PowerPC systems anymore.

Matt, it looks like you are bashing the kind of things that now get in your new bussiness direction.
    You were an strong advocate of PowerPC technology just a couple of months ago (if not less). Now, you publicly disregard it. I think this is a clear case of low professionalism... But, if I think it better, it looks like HIGH professionalism, precisely.
    Anyway, that's how business goes. But I feel PowerPC is a good technology, only badly handled by its very owners...
    Hey! Just like the Amiga was!

Have you counted the number of times you've heard "please make a 8610 computer"? Well, 99% of them were because of YOUR own comments!
    Now, this technology is completely forgotten. It might be very good but, if its no longer developed, it could be "300% better" (it isn't) than any existing techology today, but will be completely uninteresting in just some months.

Quote:

Since the vast majority of exciting apps on MorphOS seem to be open-source, SDL ports or at least native PowerPC compiles, there's no reason it can't be moved away from PowerPC.

This is an interesting point. I'm sure that the Team has thought about it before. Such a crowd of geniuses think a lot! I've asked it already many times, and didn't get a satisfactory answer: Why, technically, does MorphOS have to be PowerPC?

Quote:

it could do quite well as an alternative, open-development system with more affordable licensing and a distinct focus on multimedia and gaming etc.

Like I said before, a really distinct operating system. I'd like to see how much flavour does PowerPC make in MorphOS recipe.
  • »09.03.09 - 07:45