• Targhan
    For Tokai, if too much "garbage" is in the bar, I will, naturally, move it off of the front page.

This topic, however, is something I consider being at least marginally close to "on topic" (even if not fully so) since it is indicating a possiblility of running "that other os" :grin: on the same H/W as MorphOS. I consider that a *good* possibility--as it will provide exposure of MorphOS to people who may not otherwise even try MorphOS. This would also help the OS4 crew (imho), as I fully believe, if given the chance, most "old timers" would run both OS's.

Most importantly, if this is true, it gives Joe User something he really needs--the peace of mind he needs to go PPC (something that was difficult in the A1/Peg1 days, as once you invested in one or the other--you were just kind of stuck on one side of the line or the other) How many people did you meet that wanted PPC but were fearful that if they made a choice that they would have an expensive new doorstop? If we, the community, can have MorphOS, Linux, and OS4 on the same box--BULLY FOR US! It will be difficult for the dev teams, sure--they will have to fight even harder with each other. The users, however, will be the big winners.

With the above said, this is assuming that the said announcement actually means something. It could, as mentioned by some of the users/mod, simply be a statement of "Bob now sells A1's." Which would negate all I've said :-P

[ Edited by Targhan on 2007/3/26 10:43 ]
    :idea:Targhan

MorphOS portal? www.MorphZone.org
  • »26.03.07 - 17:40
    Profile Visit Website