Tabor vs G5
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Thanks everyone. So... last night I managed to finish up setting SongPlayer as my default.. now the GUI comes up and the music isn't some disembodied sound.. :) And.... no lock ups... Thanks for all the helpful information. I will keep it all in mind. I am now looking for a good image viewer. Native preferable. Also, are there any native video players? I am using MPlayer and it works fine, but when it starts it might as well launch fireworks that spell out... "I'm not a native program!"
  • »12.09.19 - 13:38
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

DFergFLA wrote:
    I am now looking for a good image viewer. Native preferable.

ShowCase is a really good program to view (and also process) images. It comes with the default MorphOS installation (in Applications dir)

Quote:

Also, are there any native video players? I am using MPlayer and it works fine, but when it starts it might as well launch fireworks that spell out... "I'm not a native program!"

Hmm? It's a native port and incorporates very native looking MUI GUI... it's the best we have and I don't see anything wrong with it. Here are few tips to configure it: Configuring MPlayer
  • »12.09.19 - 14:13
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > I am now looking for a good image viewer. Native preferable.

https://library.morph.zone/Applications/ShowCase, it couldn't get more native ;-)

> are there any native video players? I am using MPlayer and it
    > works fine, but when it starts it might as well launch fireworks
    > that spell out... "I'm not a native program!"

There's an ancient VLC port and an old FFplay port but they have no advantage over MPlayer. And yes, MPlayer is also a port, but what's not "native" about it, especially in GUI mode?

Edit: reloading the page before hitting "Reply" would have let me see jPV's reply and saved me from typing this drivel ;-)
  • »12.09.19 - 14:43
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    @Andreas_Wolf

It's ok dude. I'm a little dense sometimes. So, telling me twice will help it sink in.

:)
  • »12.09.19 - 14:59