• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

koszer wrote:
    Quote:

amigadave wrote:
    I wonder if it would be possible to upgrade my 17" G4 PowerBook with a 1920x1080 hd display, or if that would not be a good idea given the limitations of the 128mb VRAM Radeon mobility 9700 video card inside of it? I seem to remember someone doing this conversion, but can't remember where, or if it really was done on a G4 PowerBook.

You remember well, I once did such conversion. I took a display from a 17 inch MacBook Pro and replaced the standard (broken) display in a 17 inch PowerBook. There's a whole article about that in an issue 6 of "Amiga NG" Polish magazine (there should be an english version too but I cannot find it ATM). The article will find its way to some publicly available Amiga related portal sooner or later.

You greatly over estimate my memory sir! ;-)

It was a faint thought in the back of my head that I might have seen some discussion or article about such a conversion. Thanks for pointing out where I might find info about it. I'll have to see if I really want to go through the effort and expense of converting my 17" PowerBook, which I only use for running MorphOS, as I'm not sure if I really need a high resolution than the 1680x1050 display that I have now. If MorphOS was capable of playing the many BluRay movies that I have in my video library, then I would probably go through with such a conversion.

@kronos & Andreas_Wolf, I was confusing my 17" Dell laptop's keyboard and number pad, with my 17" PowerBook. I probably shouldn't post forum messages when I'm half asleep, but you guys are used to me making lots of mistakes by now.

[ Edited by amigadave 10.09.2019 - 08:38 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »10.09.19 - 14:58