• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

DFergFLA wrote:
    In all honesty amigadave. Do you believe anyone would pick up Amiga OS 4 development if Hyperion lost rights? I just don't see it. It is a dead OS, running on outdated, under powered, overly expensive hardware. I think it would be the nail in the coffin for the last of Amiga. To be honest I think MorhphOS will die out sooner rather than later if they don't do the ISA shift sometime soon. PowerPC Apple hardware is now at least 14 years old at best and not getting any younger. Tabor, is stillborn and the x5000 is 2000.00 for something with the performance of an Athlon processor. Even all that said. If Tabor came out I would buy it with OS4. I loved Amiga and I would buy it just so that I could have the "last" of the Amiga. I feel MorphOS is the only hope for the future. I just kind of have doubts about them porting to a new platform anytime before I die.

A-Eon would try to reach an agreement with all of the developers who have worked on AmigaOS4, and re-start work to move it forward on PPC. They have too much invested in their X1000, X5000, and Tabor A1222 hardware to let AmigaOS4 die.

Wouldn't it be ironic karma if Hyperion lost the rights to develop AmigaOS4, and Cloanto ended up with those rights. I'm sure Trevor and Matthew from A-Eon would have an easier time working with Mike B. from Cloanto, than they have had working with the guy pulling all the strings at Hyperion. I don't think Mike will lose $10,000, or was it Euros, or English Pounds that Hermans said he lost in a cab? What a crock! Honestly, how can anyone continue to work with such a person in any way? Why are users still sending money to Hyperion for any products? They are only prolonging the agony of having to deal with Hyperion.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »05.09.19 - 16:48