amigadave wrote:
    Quote:

number6 wrote:
    @thread

Actually today Pacer has a bit more as to the recent filing:

Quote:

MOTION to Compel and for an Award of Attorney's Fees and Costs Incurred

Source

Is there a free copy of the May 14, 2019 letter available to read anywhere, without having to sign up for, or pay a fee to read it? Or can someone who has seen it just summarize what it says?

I am so hoping that Cloanto does NOT settle this conflict out of court and let Hyperion off the hook. If Hyperion doesn't just concede and pay all the attorney costs, withdraw all copyright and/or trademark filings around the world, and submit a statement agreeing with Cloanto's ownership rights to all Amiga IP, except for AmigaOS4, then I would like to see this go to a jury trial, and find out what a jury thinks of Mr. Hermans behavior in a court of law.

Edit: removed double negative
    Edit 2: Actually, I'm hoping that the court will find that Hyperion has indeed violated the 2009 agreement, and such a finding will cause Hyperion to lose all control and rights to AmigaOS4, so that a reasonable person/company can pick up the pieces, and we can see some better development progress in the future.

In all honesty amigadave. Do you believe anyone would pick up Amiga OS 4 development if Hyperion lost rights? I just don't see it. It is a dead OS, running on outdated, under powered, overly expensive hardware. I think it would be the nail in the coffin for the last of Amiga. To be honest I think MorhphOS will die out sooner rather than later if they don't do the ISA shift sometime soon. PowerPC Apple hardware is now at least 14 years old at best and not getting any younger. Tabor, is stillborn and the x5000 is 2000.00 for something with the performance of an Athlon processor. Even all that said. If Tabor came out I would buy it with OS4. I loved Amiga and I would buy it just so that I could have the "last" of the Amiga. I feel MorphOS is the only hope for the future. I just kind of have doubts about them porting to a new platform anytime before I die.
  • »04.09.19 - 16:21