• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    Quote:

number6 wrote:
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    > when the X1000 was first announced on a.org [...] then suddenly a bombastic
    > post from trevordick that it had been scrapped altogether (later it was understood
    > that it was because his initial deal with BenH/Hyperion crashed) but then
    > suddenly that message was withdrawn when a new partner stepped in.

As the message had been declared a hack a mere hour after posting, who was this "new partner" supposed to be?

> They explained the deleted message with the account had been hacked?

They explained the posted message with a hack. The message was deleted by a moderator about an hour later.

is this the message you are referring to?

Yes, that’s the one. We were many who read it shortly after it was written. My theory is that Matt Leman also read it, picked up the phone and called Trevor, learned about the derailed Ben Hermans situation and said: “let’s do this you and I instead”. Then he returned to Amiga.org to write: “This is a hoax. I spoke with Trevor today discussing business matters.” Now when we know more about the Ben Hermans situation regarding the AmigaOne leading up to that point, and how the Leman/Dickinson cooperation was formalized shortly after, I hold this explanation as more plausible than their “the account was hacked” explanation. Hacked? Really?!
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »20.07.19 - 01:15