• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    Trevor has once again claimed "Nothing to see here!" over on AWN.

Quote:

Sigh! it seems my earlier post did not stop all the wild and interesting speculation.

OK in plain English. A-EON develops hardware under the AmigaOne brand for which is has a worldwide licence. The model number, such as X5000 is used to identify each individual machine. The Amiga.org webmaster, in his wisdom, decided to use the model number to make it easier for search engines to find the A-EON specific AmigaOne hardware.

Any and all future hardware that A-EON Technology develops for AmigaOS4.x will carry the AmigaOne brand. I hope that is the end to all the conspiracy theories but, somehow I doubt it.

TrevorD

Fact: AmigaOne name is removed from all A-Eonkit sites and shops for X1000 and X5000. If it just me, or is this just cleverly worded mentioning FUTURE HARDWARE? Sounds to me like they simply will not proceed unless the naming issue is resolved, and they can't use the name any longer with current products, or they are not comfortable doing it ATM.

The same people claiming nothing to see here, and the AmigaOne name is not important, are the same ones some years back pushing a promotional picture with AMIGA in the biggest font available, coupled with one in the smallest font available.

[ Edited by redrumloa 17.07.2019 - 12:18 ]
  • »17.07.19 - 17:12