• Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Quote:

takemehomegrandma wrote:
    Quote:

KennyR wrote:
    The AmigaONE references have been returned to the wiki by Admin.

Someone obviously isn't quite ready to announce anything.

Somehow the pattern feels kind of familiar? I'm thinking of when the X1000 was first announced on a.org and then suddenly a bombastic post from trevordick that it had been scrapped altogether (later it was understood that it was because his initial deal with BenH/Hyperion crashed) but then suddenly that message was withdrawn when a new partner stepped in. They explained the deleted message with the account had been hacked? Or whatever...

https://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic_id=43331&forum=33&start=40&viewmode=flat&order=0#825060

What I mean to say is, that this could perhaps be a negotiation style? A bit like the Donald Trump style, i.e. "rattling the saber"?

I thought it was the Donald Trump "Gibbering Idiot" negotiating style. ;-) Hard to rattle sabers when you cozying up to most of your former enemies (outside of Iran - then its a "You're with us, or against us" style).

Oh, and I'm unsure why there seems to be a lack of confidence in the license on the AmigaOne trademark.
    Unless the entire settlement agreement is voided, that asset ought to be secure.

[ Edited by Jim 09.07.2019 - 21:10 ]
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »10.07.19 - 02:08