• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    >> 17-18 :-)

> Nope. 2000 with finalising in 2001.

No, the contract was finalized and signed in late 2001. This is publicly documented.

>> You mean the contract that hasn't turned out so poor for Hyperion, given what it was
    >> generally believed (and claimed) to grant Hyperion compared to its actual wording? :-)

> No

Then maybe you don't remember the discussion on how Hyperion's 2009 press release regarding the 2009 settlement, stating the grant of very limited rights with regard to OS3.1, is quite different to the wording of the 2009 settlement agreement, granting Hyperion way more rights with regard to OS3.1.

>>> this has cost: [...] Loss of Ben's extremely good job

>> You mean the story where "AD's been duped"?

> Ben no longer works for Monard

True, but this is only part of your claim, which was that "this has cost: [...] Loss of Ben's [...] job" (emphasis mine). It's the difference between a confirmed fact and a rumour.

> you nitpick the shit out of all the irrelevancies with a torrent of > > >

The "irrelevancies" are though relevant enough for you to mentioned them, or make up. The quoting is necessary because some people tend to conveniently forget what they wrote three comments back. Quoting serves two purposes: Memory aid and a means to notice later changes to comments.

>> Weren't this only tens or low hundreds at best? ;-)

> 1100 AmigaONE sales to begin with. So, no.

Okay, the MooBunny zealots were wrong then ;-)

> Retro AmigaOS isn't the OS. It's the scene.

I would call this "retro Amiga", not "AmigaOS", but that's just me. The "scene" is free to ignore Hyperion's products, btw. And from reading sites like EAB and A1k.org, I don't have the impression that the Amiga retro scene is at risk of being destroyed. Most Amiga retro sceners completely ignore the lawsuits and what Hyperion does, and rightly so.
  • »04.07.19 - 21:53