• Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    > Commodore worked with Phase5, not handed them source

Regarding the "source" debate, I think we're more talking Escom era here rather than Commodore era.

That certain makes sense.

And as to Andre's concerns over libel, I never made an absolute statement. I phrased it as a question. So yes, I'm quite familiar with the concepts of libel and slander.
    And I'm not the least bit worried about it.

Again, how do we know the Phase5 employees never saw AmigaOS code?
    They did build a pretty impressive addition to the code base, which might not have been possible without some help or additional information (Commodore, Escom, whomever).

But to state they did, hey I'm not going there. Even 'Hazey' Dave only suggests it via hearsay, which IS total BS.

On the price of Coldfire cpus, at one point I was offer V4 cpus for $17 in quantities of 300 minimum.

The only thing that beats that is some ARM cpus.

Although there was a neat X86 Soc introduced recently that is meant for embedded use that is really cheap.

BTW - I can deal with adversarial responses from Andre (who can be painfully formal at times), but the rest of you ought to know by now who's side I'm on in the debate.

And a to that 'mere' four years of education, again I finished the BS degree after 180 credits at other institutions.

And again, I'm pretty sure I'm more familiar with the US legal system than most of you.
    They are going to try to 'interpret' this case. Their going to try to judge the case based on an understanding of the accepted definitions of the wording used in the underlying legal documents.

Language in contract law can be a slippery matter, suing a lawyer over a contractual matter?
    It's an bold action anyway.

Mike obviously believes he has a case.
    Guess we'll just have to watch how this works out.
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »30.06.19 - 18:39