• Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Quote:

KennyR wrote:
    Sadly it isn't limited to Amiga. Yesterday I saw a Commodore 64 thread on AmigaWorld hijacked by a Hausser-style "Don't buy this, it's based on crappy Linux, wait for this REAL hardware!!!" nonsense. And like Hausser's preferred vapor, it's unlikely most of it would ever reach any of scale production.

Has it ever occurred to anyone that Amiga and Commodore fanboys never get to reboot their retro scene while other systems (like Sinclair and Amstrad) do, because they're a bunch of intolerant unlikeable assholes who don't deserve shit?

It's a valid point. We even shot down Coldfire, an the Atari community moved forward a built a Coldfire based board.
    Since the source code out to be available for 3.1.4, a Coldfire port is entirely possible, what code couldn't be recompile could be run via 68K emulation at speeds at least competitive with our best hardware.

But, we do have several FPGA, not just the Vampire.
    And some of those can run several different cores.

PPC is still hobbling along, but the introduction of a P1022 board will, at least in my opinion, weaken rather than strengthen that option.

WE still have the option of supporting late 2005 G5 PowerMacs and G5 iMacs.

And there is always Power9, if we want full legacy compatibility, or the promised X64 fork, which could keep our price of entry low.

OS4 itself is relatively inexpensive (MorphOS. While quite affordable, is slightly more expensive.
    But then, my Quad G5 cost about half what Tabor is projected to cost and would perform better in many areas (especially memory bandwidth) than an X5000.
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »29.06.19 - 20:42