• Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Quote:

redrumloa wrote:
    Quote:

Jim wrote:

Pity we can't just combine forces, cooperate and forge ahead.
    The rights to essentially everthing are out of Bill McEwen's control, and we're still stuck in a ligative limbo.

Unfortunately McBill wasn't the worst player in the space, that would be Hermans. Until Hermans is gone, there cannot be any sort of peace. Problem is, Hermans would not leave the space without creating a scorched earth trail behind him.

Yeah, I've exchanged messages with Hermans. He can be charming when he chooses to, but he isn't consistent in his statements.
    Funny, after my previous statement about my own inclusion of qualifiers, you'd think Hermns, as a lawyer, would use more himself.

The thing is, Cloanto won't secure OS4 via this lawsuit, and Hermans won't sell the IP without an exorbitant payment.

So OS4 stagnates, and we see most OS4 development occuring outside of Hyperion (i.e.- Aeon's packages, Bigfoot's network driver, etc.).

If a real savior/investor could be found for this platform, I'd support the re-integration of all NG OS' into a real Amiga OS5.

Again, a pipe dream. But...a new Power9 based Amiga, with SMP, memory protection, and other modern features? That could pull us out of the hobbyist realm.
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »10.04.19 - 17:24