Order of the Butterfly
    number6
    Quote:

KennyR wrote:
    Quote:

number6 wrote:
    For what it's worth, Amiga Documents 3.0.1 is now available:

Source

The new information seems to be the "bullet points" added towards the bottom of the linked section."

Simon Archer physically gave Ben Hermans 10,000 UK pounds in cash, and he got drunk and lost it?

Even given the ludicrousness of going on in the Amiga sphere, I don't know if I could possibly believe any of that. First, 10 grand is a lot of money. I mean, like physically. You'd need a suitcase or a large bag.

Secondly, it's actually really difficult to get your hands on that much cash at once. ATMs will certainly not spit it out (there's a daily limit), and going to the bank will result in a lot of questions.

Thirdly, anyone who handles 10 grand is either a security guard or a moron. People will literally kill for that much money, and there's no traceability. In a bank, everyone can see you get the money as the cashier doles it out. I'd be surprised if you got far without someone bashing your head in and running away with it.

Suitcase? I don't know about U.K., but in the U.S. this would be short stack of 100 USD bills all of 1 inch high.
    Ben lost the money? It says he left it in cab, but someone else might have instantly grabbed it, right?
    No mention of whether the money was paid back to the lender or if it was, by whom either.
    Amount? Again in the U.S. no report by bank unless it exceeds 10,000. And given this is "per transaction", you could just make 2 withdrawals. Heck even through ATM this could be done through multiple withdrawals.

• »28.03.19 - 11:57