• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    Quote:

KennyR wrote:
    Simon Archer physically gave Ben Hermans 10,000 UK pounds in cash, and he got drunk and lost it?

Even given the ludicrousness of going on in the Amiga sphere, I don't know if I could possibly believe any of that. First, 10 grand is a lot of money. I mean, like physically. You'd need a suitcase or a large bag.

Secondly, it's actually really difficult to get your hands on that much cash at once. ATMs will certainly not spit it out (there's a daily limit), and going to the bank will result in a lot of questions.

Thirdly, anyone who handles 10 grand is either a security guard or a moron. People will literally kill for that much money, and there's no traceability. In a bank, everyone can see you get the money as the cashier doles it out. I'd be surprised if you got far without someone bashing your head in and running away with it.

Here in the US post 9/11 and the (piece of sh**) Patriot Act, just carrying that much actual cash would get you detained by police. They'd confiscate the cash and hold you at least for hours questioning you. It's not right, but that's the way it is. Just simply withdrawing more than $4,000 requires the bank filing forms under The Patriot Act. 10,000 in UK pounds is worth more than 10k in USD. You don't have The (POS) Patriot Act, but I'm sure there would be similar suspicion.

10k Pounds in cash does sound suspicious. If it really did happen and Hermans (cough cough) "lost it", it would make Hermans even skeezier than *I* would have even thought.

* No, the 10k must be in cash! Unmarked bills!
    * Ooops, I got drunk and lost it! Sucks to be you!
  • »27.03.19 - 22:17