• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    Quote:

Jim wrote:
    Personally, I hope to see Cloanto go down in flames for attempting to drag us back into obligation to this ego maniacal truck driver.

Should we care here? Well, yeah, that piece of crap post tries to make it sound like MorphOS is a Genesi endeavor when it preceded Genesi's formation.
    And has someone completely forgotten Phase 5, DCE or bPlan?
    What next? Cloanto tries to sue MorphOS developers or the AROS community?

A second rate re-packager of UAE wants to own the rights to the entire community and this doesn't offend any of you?
    No matter WHAT I think of Hermans, there are OS4 developers I'm actually impressed by, and the product DID get released.
    So far we've managed to co-exist.

WTF, has Cloanto ever produced of significance?
    "Preservation mode?" My ass.

I couldn't disagree more here. Cloanto seems to have acted in good faith for most of it's existence. Off the top of my head I can only think of one questionable issue and that's inclusion of P5 firmware without permission. Overall they seem to be an ethical company operating in a den of thieves.

What has Cloanto produced? Perfect Paint? Amiga Explorer? Amiga Forever itself? When's the last time you tried Amiga Forever? It's pretty good these days. I bought the value download edition for mainly the roms a few years back for the whopping price of something like $1.49. The premium editions have a lot of nice turn-key options. For casual users UAE can be daunting, Amiga Forever is easy.

JMO, YMMV

[ Edited by redrumloa 19.06.2018 - 10:57 ]
  • »19.06.18 - 15:42