• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > On Trevor, this part bugs me, "[...] reportedly funded [239] by [...] Robert Trevor Dickinson."
    > The [...] document referenced is highly biased.

I don't see any bias in the referenced document, but it doesn't contain anything about any funding by Dickinson either. So this part bugs me as well, just for a completely different reason.

>> Genesi wasn't really interested in AmigaDE. What they wanted was OS4
    >> (and use of accompanying trademarks) for their Pegasos II, so they tried
    >> in court to paint OS4 as an updated version of AmigaDE, which didn't
    >> work for obvious reasons.

> Bill wanted to discuss porting [AmigaDE] to the Pegasos

That's an inventive way of putting what I wrote above :-)

>> Genesi was shortly after in the French Pretory case effectively denied the
    >> status of Thendic (France) affiliate after they were caught transferring money
    >> from Thendic France to Genesi in an attempt to secure Thendic France's
    >> liquid assets while at the same time avoiding their liabilities, so the contract
    >> between Amiga Inc. Washington and Thendic wouldn't have been applicable
    >> to Genesi hardware anyway.

> his contract specified that he was allowed to request ports to additional devices

The contract wasn't with Buck but with the company Thendic and was only applicable to Thendic's own hardware and, subject to request, hardware of affiliate companies. As Genesi wasn't a Thendic affiliate, as written above, the contract was not applicable to the Pegasos II. The fact that the US court issued a default judgement in favour of Genesi (regarding AmigaDE, but expressly not regarding OS4) due to Amiga Inc. lawyers not being paid anymore and so not showing up in court and also due to the French court findings not yet happened does not change this.

> the contention that Thendic or Genesi might have had a stake in the use
    > of the Amiga OS trademark isn't that far fetched.

Bundling the Pegasos II with AmigaDE could have allowed them to use the "AmigaDE" trademark, but certainly not the "AmigaOS" or "Amiga OS" trademarks.
  • »18.06.18 - 23:40