• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    And I don't get tired to repeat the need for more raw power if MorphOS should get used as everyday machine.
    Today I had pretty hard times with pretty standard things: browsing a website (okay a JS JIT would improve things to some extend) - it was rather unusable (www.lumitronix.de) slow, slow slow and eventually I ran into a low RAM situation... Then I downloaded the current LED product catalogue from nichia.com - a pdf of 27MB size and loading the pages, well it took pretty serious time. All in all it was really an unpleasant experience and no fluent work flow was possible...

Okay with a G5 instead of the G4 (Mac mini1.5GHz 1 GB) it would have been a bit better, maybe about twice the speed and the low RAM situation would have been avoided, but I need way more power. 10 times or so would be a good start. With x64 no prob, with ppc - rather impossible (a power9 may offer that, but well...).
    --
    http://via.bckrs.de

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
    ...and Matthias , my friend - RIP
  • »21.11.17 - 23:48
    Profile Visit Website