• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Spectre660
    I was raising a point based on the the models of video card that Jim talks about using so that reply was really pointed in his direction .

I am looking at a page from the Cyrus Technical Reference Manual.
    I am not an engineer so somebody correct me if I am going wrong.

The 1 x PCIex4 ,3 x PCIex1 connect through 4 lanes of the P5020/P5040 via the 89H12NT12G2 PCIex-PCIE switch and the 2 PCI slots connect to the 89H12NT12G2 via the PI7C9X111SL PCIE-PCI so if I understand correctly everything is going to pass through 4 lanes to the cpu .

What would the impact of say transferring data from a drive attached to a pciex4 sata 3 card to a drive attached to a pciex1 sata 2 card while playing audio from internet radio with a PCI based network card and pciex1 Audio card ?

If you transfer via the pciex4 to the onboard sata no problem ? or if you do the internet radio and transfer from the pciex1 to the onboard sata also no problem ? .

Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    >>>> What about the X5000's x4 slot (the one behind the PCIe-PCIe bridge)? Wouldn't a
    >>>> normal PCIe x16 card work in it? [...] Wouldn't a SATA3 card work full-speed in it,
    >>>> even if it was somehow limited to x2 speed by the bridge bottleneck?

>>> X5000's x4 slot is blocked by any video card wider than single slot.

>> So what? Single-slot graphics cards supported by OS4 are widely available,
    >> so this doesn't render my questions invalid.

> I was not trying to render your question invalid .

What were you trying to do then by giving that reply? Where's the connection to my specific questions?

> 89H12NT12G2
    > https://www.idt.com/document/dst/89hpes12nt12g2-datasheet

I already linked to the PCIe-PCIe bridge two weeks ago. Can you quote the information from the datasheet that answers my specific questions?

> PI7C9X111SL
    > https://www.diodes.com/assets/Datasheets/PI7C9X111SL.pdf

Again, what has the PCIe-PCI bridge to do with my questions?
  • »26.09.17 - 02:45