• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    asrael22
    Quote:

asrael22 wrote:

What I find really depressing on any of the Amiga Systems is the lack of modern programming languages and development environments.
    Really, for how much longer do we have to fiddle with Makefiles etc. and use C/C++. I accept this for driver development, but not for application development.
    In FreePascal I found something acceptable. But the core language is still stone old and requires a ton of boilerplate code and it is not type safe, etc.

I don't see how it should be possible to attract new developers if this is the case, except for people who explicitly want to fiddle with the classic stuff.

I apologize. I was told that FreePascal is statically typed. So that's good. The more errors the compiler can find, the better.

I'm coming from business application development, used to tools like IntelliJ IDEA, Gradle, Scala (language) etc. Mostly in the Java world.
    While I kind of like the purity of Amiga. My free time is tight and proper tools and languages are just such a time safer.

Manfred
  • »25.08.17 - 08:50