• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

Acill wrote:
    I'm not so sure how I feel about the standalone. I have a V500+ in my A2000 I enjoy, but the new direction they are starting on isnt thrilling me. This latest requirement to register boards and record a digital serial number has me concerned.

You moved again??? Oxnard is a great location, I love the weather there and would like to live there myself.

I haven't kept up on the latest "requirements" for the new Vampire boards, so I don't know anything about registration, or digital serial numbers, but what is your concern?

Just a wild guess, but maybe Gunnar wants to limit where his 68080 FPGA code gets used, and is planning on limiting its distribution by some kind of hidden code that disables itself if it is run on different hardware. From what little I know, I think that Gunnar and the team are still trying to sell the 68080 FPGA code to any of the commercial companies that still depend on 680x0 CPU's in their embedded designs. They are making some pretty good money from the tiny Amiga community selling Vampire boards, but could be making 10 times that or more probably, if some company can make use from a really fast 680x0 soft core design.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »19.08.17 - 05:31