• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

takemehomegrandma wrote:
    There is no way in hell that someone selling 4,000 units x €300 EUR = a turnover of €1,200,000 EUR can get away by calling their business "a hobby". That's most certainly a lot more money than AeonKit collected from all their X1000 sales in total. At that kind of money, without a registered business with annual reports, filing VAT reports and paying other taxes, you are probably facing a considerable amount of time in prison. And *of course* the products (targeted for consumers) should be safe, follow the regulations and have all the approvings and certificates, and have full guarantee as required by law. At €1,200,000 there are no moral excuses to slip on this.

I would agree, but now I am doubting that the group producing these accelerator boards has actually shipped all 4,000 accelerator boards. I am also beginning to doubt that they have even manufactured that many accelerator boards, but probably have gotten requests to purchase over 4,000 boards.

Even with the recent information that batches of 200 accelerator boards are being made, that would equal 20 batches, and a lot of money and time to pay for the parts, test the finished boards, etc. Obviously the demand for the boards has far outpaced the ability of the small group of people making them, and they are feeling the stress of trying to meet the demands of their customers, plus figuring out all of the legal requirements for safety and tax payments, now that their little hobby project has grown into a full blown business enterprise.

I hope they can cope with the popularity and growth, as I want to order my own Vampire500 v2 this coming month of August (in just a few days), and I am hoping to have it delivered before the AmiWest Show happens in October, so I can take it with me to the show.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »28.07.17 - 21:25