• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Intuition
    Quote:

amigadave wrote:
    Quote:

takemehomegrandma wrote:
    First, as a sidenote, I think it's amusing to see the difference between the European views and some American views. I.e. in most of Europe we have the idea that ultimately it's a societys responsibility to protect the weak, cure the sick, etc. Or like the topic here, consumer protection (for legal guarantee is about consumer protection). While some people across the waters look at these things as "oppressive regulations".
    :-?

You are forgetting that the few guys coding the Apollo core, and the 2 or 3 others who were responsible for designing and soldering the boards, are NOT a "company selling to consumers", they are more like "hobbyists, selling to other hobbyists". The consumer protection laws being discussed in this thread can be very oppressive for hobbyists, and one or two man groups who are inventing new hardware. I don't think this point of view is any different from an American, than it is from at least some Europeans.

You keep using that word "oppression" Dave, I don't think it means what you think it means.

"Inconvenient" (for the seller) might be a better choice of word.
    1.67GHz 15" PowerBook G4, 1GB RAM, 128MB Radeon 9700M Pro, 64GB SSD, MorphOS 3.15

2.7GHz DP G5, 4GB RAM, 512MB Radeon X1950 Pro, 500GB SSHD, MorphOS 3.9
  • »11.07.17 - 18:17