• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

Jim wrote:
    Well, actually, in the US we don't really face the issues the Europeans do.
    I fact, I've shipped hobbyist projects not just around the US, but also back and forth to Canada without a problem.

Regulatory agencies in the US don't tend to bother with low volume hobbyist projects.

Vampire has just scaled up to the point where its really an issue.
    It would be here, I'm sure it is there, and since Aeon and AmigaKit are incorporated...

Is it an issue yet? They are still selling mostly to individuals, 1 or 2 boards at a time, so they might slip by undetected no matter where they were located, until now, when they begin to sell in larger quantities to re-sellers, like AmigaKit.

I wonder if any of this has been an issue for the Vampire boards yet? I think it was reported that AmigaKit only received a handful of boards (less than 10), until all other pre-orders were filled. If the Vampire guys have only been shipping out 1 board here, and 1 or 2 boards there, all to separate private addresses, they could easily be over looked, and perceived as nothing more than one hobbyist selling to another hobbyist.

AmigaKit sales must of course meet all regulations, as they are a company (and a corporation, as you pointed out), but it might be another few weeks before the Vampire guys can ship boards to AmigaKit in larger quantities. Even then, will AmigaKit be buying them in lots of 10, 20, or 30, boards at a time? I doubt it will be more than that, unless they have a huge back log of buyers requesting a Vampire board from AmigaKit.

Given the fact that there are some users in the EU 68k Amiga community, who are "anti-AmigaKit/A-Eon", for reasons I don't really understand, it is doubtful that AmigaKit will be the main distributor for the Vampire boards. Many buyers will choose a different distributor/re-seller, to get their Vampire board from.

Certainly, the Vampire's popularity and sales numbers will probably cause the manufacturer to adhere to some or all of these warranty and certification issues being discussed in this thread, in the very near future.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »11.07.17 - 04:49