• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    Quote:

amigadave schrieb:
    Aren't there exceptions for small, low volume, and one could even say "experimental" products, from these oppressive regulations? 4,000 Vampire boards is pushing the envelope of only being a small production hobbyist product, so I can see how they might be painting themselves into a corner if they get too popular and sell too many boards, but perhaps there are no exceptions for such products in the EU and UK, and all boards must meet every electronic product regulation and registration?

There is no exception for low volume or hobby in EU. If you sell a single item you need CE, WEEE and have to do all the tax things. It's this what hinders innovations of new entrepreneurs w/o big funding in the EU. Getting on the maket is kind of stiching into wasp nest. Aboulutely unpleasant!
    Getting a WEEE certificate in Germany is about 700 EUR initially now (a few years ago it was erather about 2k-3k EUR) and then 250 EUR each year + actual fees (these are rather low, I pay 12 EUR annual fee) for the delivered goods. Ans you also need to do a monthly reporting on your deliveries. Real fun!
    Oh and while you're at it. there are also regulations and requirements for devices containing batteries and packing material. Requires more certificates, although these are a bit easier and chaeper than WEEE.
    Funny thing of the EU: Except CE it's not even one certificate for one country, but only for a region. Germany is one region (yipeeh!), but for example the way smaller Belgium consists of two regios. You need all this ape-dance for each region.
    No wonder a company today needs more lawyers and managers than engeneers and workers. Running a very small business that actually produces and sells electronic items is really a PITA.
    That said, the idea of WEEE and the likes is good, the way it was implented is just argghh!

[ Editiert durch Zylesea 07.07.2017 - 09:55 ]
    --
    http://via.bckrs.de

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
    ...and Matthias , my friend - RIP
  • »07.07.17 - 08:47
    Profile Visit Website