• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

Jim wrote:
    Quote:

Intuition wrote: That American freedom to be screwed over by corporations is really appealing! ;)

Is there any great difference between here and Great Britain (except you DO get healthcare)?

I'm just surprised that re-seller have to offer an additional warranty period in Germany.
    That rather dumps the responsibility on the sellers rather than the manufacturers.

And one year, two years, eh...it will just break right outside the two years mark, because everything is disposable crap anymore.

I would say that there is a great deal of differences between protection of the consumer in the UK and European Union, than there is in the USA (and it is only going to get worse with our current president). I do agree with you that it is unfair that the seller must provide an additional warranty that is double that provided by the manufacturer, when the seller has no control over quality control, or design of the products. That part seems weird to me, but I agree with my whole heart that electrical devices, as well as everything else should carry longer warranties by the manufacturers, so we stop being such a wasteful society. Wouldn't it be great if manufacturers were actually required to design and manufacture goods that had to last at least 5 to 10 years, and things like cars & trucks that were required to last 15 to 25 years, without the owner having to spend thousands in repair costs, and replacing them after about 5 to 7 years, which is probably the average in the USA anyway.

The UK and other European countries have had organized governments for longer periods of time, so they have gone through their own revolutions from time to time. The revolution in the USA is yet to happen, but with Trump in office, it may hasten our revolutions arrival by a few decades. The common folk will only take so much oppression for so long, before they decide to change the way things are done at the top.

I really think that most European countries (specially Western European) are more successful in respecting human rights and quality of life for the common person, than just about anywhere else on the planet. New Zealand and Australia are probably the same as well. It's time the rest of the world took notice and followed their example.

The problems of thousands of immigrants flocking from oppressed regions of the world into countries that respect humanity should be resolved by making the areas these people are fleeing from more like the areas the people are fleeing to, instead of trying to fit all these people into the already established societies with different customs and social norms. That is a discussion for some other forum thread, not this one about Vampire sales and success.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »06.07.17 - 03:00