• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

ppcamiga1 wrote:
    Quote:

amigadave wrote:
    @ppcamiga1, Your just pissed off that the Vampire is such a success

Natami was announced in 2008 as something faster than ppc, something faster than uae on fast pc.
    After many years of lies and false promises vampire is still two times slower than slowest ppc cards for amiga.
    Slower than commodore protypes.
    And also slower than uae from year 2000 on pc from year 2000.
    One hundred times slower than what was announced in 2008.
    It's a really big disappointment.
    Natami/apollo/vampire is bigest scam in entire amiga history.

Unless you can provide proof for your statements above, I will just assume you are the liar, and someone who has an unhealthy obsession of trying to hurt Gunnar for some unknown reason, along with your obsession for trying to convince the Amiga and MorphOS communities to switch to Unix based hosted NG solution.

"Slower that commodore protypes" (I guess you mean prototypes) which never existed, and you cannot provide any proof of them or the benchmarks they could run.

"Slower than uae from year 2000 on a pc from year 2000" means nothing, unless you provide which pc, and benchmarks to prove your statement.

"One hundred times slower than what was announced in 2008" Really?!? Show me what was announced in 2008, and how it could be 100 times faster than what the Vampire can do today.

"It's a really big disappointment" Only for you, everyone else who actually owns one loves it and can't wait for the future core improvements, as well as the hundreds, or more likely thousands, who are waiting to purchase a Vampire stand alone, or A1200 model, plus hundreds more that will put Vampire boards into 68k Atari and Mac computers.

"Natami/apollo/vampire is bigest scam in entire amiga history" If it were a scam, then all those 4,000+ buyers would have put the guys selling Vampire boards out of business by demanding refunds, and there would be 4,000 angry users flooding the forum sites with the same crap you are spouting constantly.

Do you see a single member on any of the forums you spread your hate and exaggerations who agrees with you? I have not seen anyone who has agreed with any of your statements, or ideas. What a sad and lonely life you must live.

There are now over 4,000 users who disagree with your point of view, and the number is still growing fast. If/When Apollo Team decides to produce a Vampire model for the A1200, their sales numbers will probably double or triple what they have done so far.

@A. Wolf,
    From what I have heard from one of the Vampire600 v2 owners, Gunnar and the Apollo Team might not even be trying to implement a full FPU soft core, and instead, they might be only adding the most commonly used FPU instructions, to allow the few games that were written to take advantage of an FPU on an Amiga, to run, where they would not run at all before.

I'm getting all this info 2nd hand, and don't yet have a Vampire for myself, but I haven't found any dissatisfied Vampire owners yet. I don't think full ray tracing is the aim for the Apollo Team and most Vampire owners, and they may run out of room in the FPGA, if they try to implement all of the FPU instructions, so perhaps they are trading off some things, to make room for others that are seen as a higher priority.

I think that the A1200 and stand alone Vampire models will have a larger and faster FPGA, which will make them more expensive, but allow more new features and speed.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »02.07.17 - 21:16