• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Personally, I don't see anything wrong with A-Eon promoting and selling the A.L.I.C.E. laptops. For Amiga users who no longer want to keep an original Commodore Amiga computer, emulation is a perfectly valid experience, since UAE has become so well supported, and the hardware it now runs on is so fast, it makes the emulation very good.

I don't care what anyone chooses to call "real", or not. That kind of petty argument got old many years ago, so I just ignore those who choose to argue about what they think others should think is "Real", or unworthy of the "Real" status.

I purchased the AmiKit USB stick that I believe has the workings of the A.L.I.C.E. laptop on it, but have not yet had time to install and test it out on any of my systems, because I want to put it on a separate hard drive, and have not decided which one to put it on, or which computer to try it with.

If I will be able to run AmigaOS3.9 and seamlessly and invisibly then run Linux and/or Windows applications and games from the AmigaOS3.9 Workbench desktop, I will be a happy customer. It sounds like something similar to AEROS, being an AmigaOS hosted on top of Linux, with the Linux parts hidden as much as possible. Since I have not yet used it, and only very briefly glanced at the A.L.I.C.E. laptops at the 2015 AmiWest Show, my assumptions of what it is may be incorrect.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »16.11.15 - 00:02