• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    Quote:

Cego schrieb:
    hey bumbum,

i'm an OS4 fanboy? i dont even have an OS4 capable machine.

You too understand the difference between making an enthusiasts/hobby oriented business and profit oriented business. A-EON is not interested in any kind of competition or maximising their profits, so they're not comparable in any way to Apple or Microsoft business. On the other side they are also no charity, but they have to make money to keep investing and developing. I honour that. Others start insulting their hard work and i'm not ok with that. A-EON does it to deliver new stuff for the amiga market and to keep the community alive with new stuff. why? because they are enthusiasts themselves. Just like Mr. Does from Vesalia or Jens or anybody else. So taking that into perspective i can hardly judge and talk so harsh and disrespectful about their mistakes. As i said, there is no alternative when it comes to new hardware because there is no other producer interested in developing new amiga ng hardware. take it or leave it. you don't like it, then don't buy it, but please stop being disrespectful towards people who dont share your point of view.

Well, as i said earlier a small community doesn't make a bad decion a good one.
    The cpu choice of the Tabor is a bad one. And the e500v2 problems for Amigaish systems are known since many years. But for some reason they've chosen that cpu. Sorry, it's a bad decicion and while I credit where credit is due I also criticize when it's due. And here it is. The Tabor doen't earn my credit.
    And if A-Eon goes belly up - so what? I 'll don't cry a tear for them, yet they offered nothing appealing to me. Quite the contrary. IMHO they rather poisoned the market with that silly X1000. And now this incompatible e500v2 based Tabor. At least the X5000 is a bit more interesting.

But who cares? Eventually it's a decision by feet (i.e. EUR or whatever currency). I will probably not buy into Tabor. And I suggest not to support it by MorphOS. It would detract dev resources for no significant benefit.If the port is a three day effort though, then do it (but that's probably not the case).
    --
    http://via.bckrs.de

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
    ...and Matthias , my friend - RIP
  • »03.11.15 - 22:29
    Profile Visit Website