• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Cego
    hey bumbum,

i'm an OS4 fanboy? i dont even have an OS4 capable machine.

You too understand the difference between making an enthusiasts/hobby oriented business and profit oriented business. A-EON is not interested in any kind of competition or maximising their profits, so they're not comparable in any way to Apple or Microsoft business. On the other side they are also no charity, but they have to make money to keep investing and developing. I honour that. Others start insulting their hard work and i'm not ok with that. A-EON does it to deliver new stuff for the amiga market and to keep the community alive with new stuff. why? because they are enthusiasts themselves. Just like Mr. Does from Vesalia or Jens or anybody else. So taking that into perspective i can hardly judge and talk so harsh and disrespectful about their mistakes. As i said, there is no alternative when it comes to new hardware because there is no other producer interested in developing new amiga ng hardware. take it or leave it. you don't like it, then don't buy it, but please stop being disrespectful towards people who dont share your point of view.

I'm not into Eyetech, so i can't talk about that topic. But that was 15 years ago or so and the whole market was totally different to where we stand now.

oh and btw, i'm not attacking some indivisuals here because of the fact that they point out mistakes, no! i'm attacking them because of their arrogant and narcisstic attitude. Theres just one thing you dont get. We're all sitting in the same boat. When A-EONs gone, theres no new hardware, when os4's gone there's no community, no developers and therefore less software. When Jens Schoenfeld's gone we'll have no further way to keep our classic machines in such a qualitative uptodate shape. That said, when thisdestructive way of communicating would affect the whole community there would be nothing left anymore.

Its not about praising everything and bowing down to those people. Its about respect and honouring their hard work. They do things and take steps to bring the system further.

Oh and regarding os4, i'm not a os4 user and right now all that stuff is too expensive for me as i spend a lot of money for my classic machine.

and regarding "shout down people with personal insults". i didnt start that very thread with an insult. i dont have any respect for people like Jim. People like him receive what they deliver. Learn to live with it.

i'm still wondering why people are argumenting with "too expensive" and "too slow"... even morphos is too expensive and too slow but none of you are criticizing that. OS4 is just as expensive as MorphOS and if they don't like the idea of running their system on +10 year old hardware i'm totally ok with that. where's the problem? and what the hell gives anybody the right to be so disrespectful to those people?

Get yourself a reality check. We all support a pretty under-developed and stuck system and actually pay too much money for what we get. But as an enthusiast i cant afford to look at things just from the consumer point of view. Everybodys sacrifising something to this platform. So the least i would do is to insult anybodys work.
    And if you're consequent in your attitude and argumentation please start criticizing the MorphOS Team and tell us how overpriced and underpowered all their stuff is for the money they want. I know, its more comfortable to shoot at the other side and feel better, but for me thats just trolling and shitstorming.
    Pegasos II G4 @1.0GHz, 1GB DDR Ram, Radeon 9200Pro, 240GB SSD+160GB HD, MorphOS 3.18, AmigaOS4.1 FE, Debian 8
  • »03.11.15 - 22:45